Welcome to the Anime World Expos 2019 Charity Date Auction!
What is the Charity Date Auction?
The Charity Date Auction is a fundraiser event that benefits a local nonprofit organization. Bidders have the opportunity to “purchase” a date to accompany them to the Formal Masquerade Ball. The dates are volunteers who agree to be auctioned off and accompany the winning bidder to the dance. This is a fun way to meet new people and raise money for a good cause!
Where does the money go?
This year’s fundraiser benefits the St. John Food Pantry in Will County, Illinois. This nonprofit organization serves the northern Illinois region and provides over 45,000 pounds of food to families in need each month. ALL proceeds from the date auction will go directly to the charity.
How can I participate?
If you would like to volunteer to be auctioned off as a date, you can sign up at the convention on Friday. There are only 20 date slots available, so sign up early! If you would like to bid on a date, bring your money and come to the auction on Friday afternoon! (Check the convention schedule for final time and location.)
Please review the rules and participation requirements carefully.
- You must be at least 16 years of age to be auctioned as a date in the Date Auction.
- Bidding starts at $5 per date. Bidding raises must be in minimum $1 increments.
- Auction is payable in cash only. Please bring your money with you to the auction. Payment is due promptly at the end of the auction.
- Dates are requested to accompany the winning bidder to the formal dance and spend at least 15 minutes dancing, chatting, or engaging in polite social contact with them. (This is approximately equivalent to three dances.)
- Once dates’ obligations are fulfilled, they are free to mingle elsewhere or leave the event at their discretion. (If your date wishes to leave after the first 15 minutes, do not attempt to prevent, follow or harass him/her.)
- Participants are ABSOLUTELY NOT REQUIRED to engage in physical contact with their dates or do anything that makes them uncomfortable. Inappropriate advances, unwelcome touching, or harassment will not be tolerated and may cause offenders to be evicted from the convention. If you are made to feel uncomfortable or threatened, alert any AWX staff member and we will help you.
- Participants are not required to accompany their dates anywhere other than the Formal Masquerade Ball. Dates will meet winning bidders at the entrance to the ball. If you and your date mutually agree to leave the dance and go elsewhere, we strongly recommend staying in a populated, public area. (Please use common sense and be safe!)
- All auction “sales” are final. We cannot refund your money if your date is unable to attend the event for any reason.
If you have any questions about the Charity Date Auction, please email . Have fun!